Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Another Sewing Project

Memorial Day weekend has dawned in Seattle and as can be expected, the skies are gray, the temperature is in the 50s, and it's been raining/drizzling off and on all day. Lately I've had to face the fact that I am a fair weather outdoors person. This means today was an indoor day, despite the mild and manageable weather and despite the many things happening around the city.

So I sewed Jamie a skirt. This project turned out much better than my last sewing project, the ill-fated shirt. It took only 4-5 hours and would take much less time if I were ever to try the pattern again, seeing as how this is the first time I've installed a zipper since the old grade school 4-H days (thank you Harvey County East Lakers).

There are only two shaky parts of the project - my poor tailoring skills that led to cutting out the completely wrong size and having to adjust mid-project and the hem, which should not be examined closely though the fullness of the skirt hides my shoddy work-womanship.  The length may be a little awkward too, depending on who you ask.  Nevertheless, I think there's a good chance Jamie might even wear the product as a casual skirt.  Sewing success!

Here's a little look, the eye, hook and zipper and Jamie graciously modeling:

No comments: